Author Topic: How do I remove my microwave without cutting wood?  (Read 510 times)

tday01

Re: How do I remove my microwave without cutting wood?
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 03:09:11 PM »
There are screws going into a frame from the cabinets on either side. Frame is quite the jig saw.

It turns out that the microwave is fine, but there is a problem with he wiring...

SV True North

• Hylas 54/42
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 08:08:30 AM »
On my 2006 54 #42 the wood frame around the microwave is held in by screws from inside the cabinets on each side.  The whole microwave and frame will then slide out forward.  The microwave is held to the wood frame by screws from the frame through the metal sides of the microwave.

I just had to recently replace my microwave as well because the old one suddenly died.

John
Hylas 54 #42 True North

Hobiehobie

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 01:35:17 PM »
Yours is same location than ours (H54 #50 2007) but seems to be fitted in a different way, and a bit smaller maybe?.  But our wood surround is held in place with strong 3M velcro.  Once the wood surround is off the microwave (at least ours) is held in place with a series of wood parts tightly fitted around the base and sides of the microwave.  But if your wood facing is also held on with velcro, I would try giving it a "bigger pull", see what happens.   If you need to get a new MW you will probably need new wood facing anyway, so go for it!!

Also take a look in the adjacent cabinets either side as there may be screws holding on either the face plate of the microwave itself.

Good luck. report back!

Martin
SV Genevieve

tday01

How do I remove my microwave without cutting wood?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 12:12:17 PM »
The microwave on my 2005 Hylas 54 has gone on the fritz and it's not obvious how to remove it without cutting wood (see attached). Any ideas?

S/V Alcyone

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below