Author Topic: Is Wells Marine still around (davit arches)  (Read 368 times)

Moonlight

Re: Is Wells Marine still around (davit arches)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 05:51:09 PM »
Just to close the loop, Mr. Wells made very nice davits; however, he passed away several years ago and the davit business with him. 

Jack

s/v Challenger

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 06:06:09 AM »
PM sent. Thanks Don!
Karl
s/v Challenger
H49 #52

Windswept

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 06:21:15 PM »
Karl...if you PM me with your email....I'll reply with mine. There is also another Hylas interested in my arch, pic's ec t. I'll copy you also of what I have. I am in Mexico....so the net is far in between. Thanks Don

s/v Challenger

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 04:25:52 AM »
I couldn't find any photos from Sea Glub. If you have more detailed photos of your arch, it would be super helpful. I love the idea of getting a tube bender and doing the project myself (any excuse to buy new tools...) Would you happen to have any dimensions or drawings from your arch construction too?
Karl
s/v Challenger
H49 #52

Windswept

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 06:46:29 PM »
No worries! ;) I built that arch beside Windswept.... looking at "Sea Glubs" 4 images. I bought a JD Square tube bender and went at it. Needless to say, I saved myself a ton of needed cruising kitty. The hardtop bimini I made in Gloria's side yard! The latter was a game changer regarding getting the Admiral on board on a permanent basis ;)

If anyone needs any somewhat detailed pic's....let me know.

s/v Challenger

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 04:29:08 AM »
Thanks for the photo! That's really helpful. I will also look for Sea Glubs pics on here.
Karl
s/v Challenger
H49 #52

Windswept

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 01:47:50 AM »
In La Paz I had an added support for my dingy lift mechanism, great work...but, they told me, the only material they get in La Paz is 304? I suppose you could bring your own material down ;) Attached pic...is what I built in Calf (with the help of Sea Glubs helpful pic's) !!

s/v Challenger

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 04:55:41 PM »
Karl,

Have you considered bringing the boat down to Ensenada and having one custom made?

Also, there are two stainless steel artists in La Paz if your future plans include that stop.

John

Hi John,
I hadn't considered it, but am open to the idea. Do you have any good contacts in Ensenada for this? Could I also get your La Paz contacts? Thanks.
Karl
s/v Challenger
H49 #52

S/V Seychelles

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 02:53:53 PM »
Karl,

Have you considered bringing the boat down to Ensenada and having one custom made?

Also, there are two stainless steel artists in La Paz if your future plans include that stop.

John

s/v Challenger

Is Wells Marine still around (davit arches)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 06:34:06 AM »
Hi everyone, I just bought H49 #52 here in San Diego. I'd like to install a nice davit arch for a dinghy, solar, and a few other attachments. Many folks recommended Wells Marine, but I can't seem to find them. Are they still in business? If not, could anyone please recommend another manufacturer that could design / build something similar? Thanks.
Karl
s/v Challenger
H49 #52

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below