Author Topic: AC water circulator pump  (Read 84 times)

sjd

Re: AC water circulator pump
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 11:28:39 AM »
Thanks to both responses. I spoke with a cruisair Tech yesterday. He also said there is a power relay box and that that is a good place to power check.  Since early 2000's he said the fuse requirement in the system was removed. I'm a 2010 build but i'll look behind the panel anyways. OEM (Queen Long) may have still used them.  I doubt 3 of them blew simultaneously but you never know..... it's a boat. I suspect the pump may be original and it may be time for a new one. Fortunately, it is very accessible in the top part of the bilge. Again, thanks for both suggestions and i'll post my findings/solution when I get to fixing it.
Steve   

jt11791

• Renegade's cruising blog
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 03:42:26 AM »
There is no fuse that I know of.  However, when multiple AC units share a pump there is a relay box that takes the signals from the units and turns the pump on/off.  Find that box, mine is behind the instrument panel at the Nav-station, and look for possible problems there. 
S/V Renegade  H54-19

Ripple

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 04:46:46 PM »
Our a/c circulation pump is fused right below the breakers for each A/c unit on the main breaker panel.
Jim 46-53

sjd

AC water circulator pump
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 01:59:02 PM »
Does anyone know if the air conditioner cooling water pump is fuse protected?  If so, any idea where that fuse is located? Hoping its a fuse and not the entire pump that is inop. Unfortunately, that one pump supplies all 3 A/C units, so no pump, no A/C.   

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below