Author Topic: Passerelle recommendation?  (Read 394 times)

Mazu

Re: Passerelle recommendation?
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 05:59:54 AM »
Ours is less than 8 feet, which is fine for stern to at floating pontoons, but gets dicey for tall quays or going bow to at low docks.  My experience is limited to Italy, so may not be as much of an issue in other places.

I

joel

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 05:11:53 PM »
Mazu

How long is the one you are using? What is the ideal length?

Joel

Mazu

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 08:17:34 AM »
Following. If anyone has photos of a permanent mount I would be very interested. We have one of the folding aluminum ones on our 46. It is a pain to use frequently and is often too short for comfort, especially on the higher walls that many city quays have.  I have debated between getting a fancy Italian one mounted to the transom steps and getting a long 2 by 10 with a patch of carpet tacked on the end.  Both have pros and cons and I have not made up my mind yet.  I am  about to spend a month hopping around the bay of Naples staying in marinas often (friends/guests paying the exorbitant fees), maybe I will finally get frustrated enough with my aluminum one to pull the trigger on spending a lot of money on yet one more thing sticking up from the stern or endure the indignity of sailing around looking like a charter boat with a long piece of wood lashed along our lifelines.

dannye

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 06:46:37 AM »
Good morning, we are in Europe with the boat, arrived 6 years ago, and I bought a used folding aluminum gangway to a friend after 3 months being in Europe.
It

joel

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 08:10:50 PM »
Brian,

Your reply got cut off.  I'm looking for a less exotic material - i.e. aluminum or the like.  Amazon sells ramps for motorcycles and pickups for about $120.  Hopefully there is something a little more elegant that does not break the bank.

Joel

Aria56

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 11:39:39 AM »
We are searching for one as well. I just heard from another Hylas owner who recommended Carbonexit.com out of Italy. Also Carbongale out of Italy.  They both are in the 3k price range. Can
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:42:09 AM by Aria56 »
Brian Stork
Aria  H56#7

joel

Passerelle recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 09:55:48 PM »
If we get to the Med in 24 we will need a passerelle. Looking for a source in the US and any recommendations. Not surprised to see most sources are in Europe.

Joel
49#5
Rule One

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below