Author Topic: A/C odor  (Read 356 times)

Toberle

Re: A/C odor
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 11:22:23 AM »
By intake I mean the area around where the unit draws air.  There were gaps in the locker.  An air guy charged $180 to suggest I fill the gaps with some expanding foam.  It was worth $180.  All fixed.

joel

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 02:01:24 PM »
I had a similar problem in my former house.  I ran the A/C and sprayed Lysol into the return.  It killed whatever was in the ducts.

sjd

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 11:01:52 AM »
I will double check that. Thank you. I assume by intake you mean the return from the cabin. Interestingly, now that you mention that, I recently put some Simple Green in my bilge to try and break up some 12 years of sludge, fuel, and other nastiness. I wonder if that could be imparting some odor, although it definitely does not smell like pine smell. 

Toberle

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 10:50:38 AM »
Check around the intake.  Is there a gap where air can be drawing from the bilge and the cabin?

sjd

A/C odor
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 02:54:21 AM »
Turned on the A/C in the boat today and got a very strong musty odor.  Any thoughts on what could be causing the smell and suggestions on how to eliminate it.
Thanks   

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below