Author Topic: Manship porthole covers  (Read 629 times)

joel

Re: Manship porthole covers
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 05:08:46 PM »
I cut Sunbrella 1/2 an inch larger than the screens, attached the cloth to the screen frame with double sided VHB tape.  I then used Velcro to attach the frame to the portlight. 
Joel
49#5
Rule One

Michael Cummings

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 04:22:46 AM »
Hi all, on our H49 we have used sail cloth cut to the glass size of the port lights with double stick clear tape on back. I know it sounds agricultural but their supper easy to make, easy to put on and take off, let light through and if they get dirty or discolored just throw them away and make a new one.

Jean

joel

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 05:21:03 PM »
Interesting idea!  You could also use tinted plexiglass, but it might be harder to work with.

Joel

Blackfin

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 01:54:39 PM »
You might also check out this idea:  http://blog.gotosca.org/2016/01/shades-for-portholes.html

I am in the process of gathering materials for this project for our H49.  If I am successful, I will upload some pictures.
Dee
H49-62

jay

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 01:44:27 PM »
Check out Peek a Boo Blinds.  We've used them for years on our different boats.  Different sizes and different degrees of shading.

joel

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 01:34:51 PM »
I'm interested in finding covers as well.  Otherwise, we may have them made with drawstrings to avoid the shower cap look.

Hobiehobie

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 09:01:47 PM »
We have fabric covers with elastic edges that cover the ports from the inside.  We only use them when we put boat to bed in sunny climes. If you have the insect screens that go with the ports you could fill those with an opaque or translucent material??  I am assuming our elasticated covers were made by the first owner.  They are kind of like old lady shower caps but shaped in rectangles.

sjd

Manship porthole covers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 03:08:11 PM »
Anyone found anything that is easily removable (like a snap on cover) to cover the portholes in the cabins (from the inside) to darken ship for sleeping. I believe the portholes are Man Ship like the deck hatches but found nothing on their website like a plastic snap on cover. Trying to avoid window shades or anything that has to be permanently mounted.

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below