Author Topic: Maintenance schedule  (Read 753 times)

joel

Re: Maintenance schedule
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 06:59:24 PM »
Carole,

it would be great to have a comprehensive checklist.  I don't either, but I suggest you test the emergency bilge pump periodically.  The dripless shaft seal does not last forever.  Depends on the brand.  I've seen standing rigging last 30 years, but 10 is the recommended interval.   

Spring and fall checklists can be found here: http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/ under "Do it yourself".

Joel
Rule One
49#5
Annapolis

Carole

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 06:50:25 AM »
We have used Vessel Vanguard for a number of years.  The service takes all of your data on what equipment you have and then gives you the manufacturers recommended service intervals and what needs to be done.  This is a great feature because it is tailored to the equipment that you have not just a general guideline.  The service also links to all the manuals for the equipment.  Great service.

Thank you - I will look into this.

Carole

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 06:49:25 AM »
Was there a particular system or systems you were interested in?

We're particularly interested in the components of Adina, that didn't come with a user manual! For example, we met another Hylas yacht owner recently who told us about greasing the steering cables regularly at the 4 grease points. This was something we didn't know about.

Che Figata

• sailingchefigata
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 03:40:50 AM »
We have used Vessel Vanguard for a number of years.  The service takes all of your data on what equipment you have and then gives you the manufacturers recommended service intervals and what needs to be done.  This is a great feature because it is tailored to the equipment that you have not just a general guideline.  The service also links to all the manuals for the equipment.  Great service.

Bad Captain

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 08:14:53 PM »
Was there a particular system or systems you were interested in?

Carole

Maintenance schedule
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 08:17:02 AM »
Hello, Last year we bought a H46, Adina, hull no.70.
We are totally new to owning a yacht, and keen to
ensure we look after Adina properly.
Does anyone have a maintenance schedule they would be
happy to share please?
Thanks, Carole

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below