Author Topic: Emergency bilge pump options  (Read 674 times)

joel

Re: Emergency bilge pump options
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 09:43:37 PM »
I finally pulled the pump today in part because the shower drain was blocked and it was easier to remove the bilge pump than work around it. The problem was a blockage in the pick up hose for the bilge pump.   Unfortunately I broke off the nylon barbs, so I need to replace those. 
Blew out the subject shower drain hose and cleared the blockage for the bilge pump. Once I get the barbs I can put the pump back in.

joel

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 02:40:58 PM »
Eric

Whale makes a submersible with a much higher capacity, but it is not available. It

etuman

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 01:18:19 PM »
Hi Joel,

Just circling back on this thread, what did you find in the way 3/4 hose options for bilge pumps?  I have the Jabsco 480s too and they are underwhelming.

Also congrats on the pending offer for the 44.  I would have bought her if the timing were different.

Cheers,

Eric

rstanley02

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 04:19:40 AM »
I have a Y valve installed on my engine intake line with a hose and strainer running into the bilge.  In trial where I flooded the bilge I can empty it in under 2 minutes

joel

Emergency bilge pump options
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 02:29:28 PM »
My emergency bilge pump is a Jabsco 36600 diaphram pump that is only rated for 480 GPH.  It needs to be rebuilt/replaced.
If I need to use an emergency bilge pump, I want something that pumps more water than that.  Can anyone recommend a higher volume pump that takes a 3/4 inch hose and can be mounted outside the bilge?

Joel
Rule One 49 #5

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below