Author Topic: 4JH-TE whole engine or spare parts?  (Read 240 times)

YachtShah

Re: 4JH-TE whole engine or spare parts?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 04:35:19 AM »
Well, I reckon we could organise something here.  Certainly the West coast of US is convenient for getting it to Philippines.  The Philippines has BALAKBAYAN delivery companies all over the world that ship large and heavy items without duty to Philippines.  Any local Filipino would know the company.  It's how they send home chocolate and treats for their family!

I will check out the 4JH3-TE parts list and see how much will be "adaptable."

What age is the engine?  Is the internal corrosion going to make the main block better as a mooring than a useable item?

Andy

P.S. Please send me PM so that we can save interrupting others.  I tried to PM you but you have a block.
Andy Alford, Yacht SHAH, Hylas 44, Hull 65, 1989 - currently cruising Borneo, Philippines and Indonesia

behang

• Sailing with Totem - a family's cruising adventures
Re: 4JH-TE whole engine or spare parts?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 02:36:05 PM »
We just removed our 4JH3-TE and are putting in a Beta 70.

It's coming out because there's internal corrosion that meant oil getting into the coolant. But heat exchanger, turbo... should be fine and there's lots of bonus. However, we're in Mexico, which probably complicates shipping.

We might be able to get it over the border, in which case we'd drop it at PacWest in San Diego (Elias is the yanmar whisperer in this region).

Behan
TOTEM
1982 Stevens 47

YachtShah

4JH-TE whole engine or spare parts?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 03:14:20 AM »
I am here in Asia and have decided that labour is cheap enough to do another rebuild on my Yanmar 4JH-TE.  I am sure that others in other countries have decided that it is not worth it due to the higher local labour rate.

So, I am on the hunt for a complete Yanmar 4JH-TE 55hp, circa 1989?  Or any parts that you might have bought and now have no use for?

I need heat exhanger, turbo and exhaust mixer fairly urgently, and anything else would be a bonus.

I will collect stuff together and send out here by sea freight, surprisingly cheap freight albeit rather slow.

Either post here, or send a direct message, thanks a lot !!!

Andy

H44 #65 1989
Formerly SHAH, soon to be painted and renamed MINX.
Andy Alford, Yacht SHAH, Hylas 44, Hull 65, 1989 - currently cruising Borneo, Philippines and Indonesia

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below