Author Topic: H-46 propeller shaft diameter?  (Read 51 times)

Windswept

Re: H-46 propeller shaft diameter?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 11:20:25 PM »
Hello Chris and thank you for your reply! Roger on the 1-1/2". I'm sure I could have emailed Salvador "Cabralas Yard" to measure and get that info for me but, decided to try here first. You  are absolutely right about "Cabralas" as they are some of the nicest human beings on this planet! ;) Thanks!

Beleza....ummmm, seen the name, but, I don't think it was in Mex. maybe here? ;) Needless to say, if I saw you in Mex. I'd would have knocked on your deck! ;)) Yea, we joined, enjoyed the Haha 2021, continued to La Paz, Mazatalan, Puerto Vallarta then worked our way back.... all the way to San Filipe. Wow, do we have pic's or what...even drone pics and vids! ;) 

I brought back to "California" our Cornell bibles and now contemplating... to either run for Galapagos or make for Marquesas. Maybe you have some thoughts or stories oh this thought?? ;) Sure would be appreciated, again thanks!

My email is donnie.c.chaney@gmail.com

Best
Don & Gloria

btw: Nice to know, regarding the 3/8" on the rudder shaft packing....bet my bottom dollar the stern gland is the same size! Anyone??? ;)

stgermain45

Re: H-46 propeller shaft diameter?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 04:05:41 PM »
Hi Don,

On our H46, shaft diameter is 1-1/2". Not sure on stern gland packing as we have a PSS dripless. I know our rudder post packing is 3/8".

We're slowly heading up that way in the Sea of Cortez too. No plans to haul, but ya never know. Cabrales is a great yard!

Chris
S/V Beleza, H46 #44

Windswept

H-46 propeller shaft diameter?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 04:45:02 AM »
G'day members.....we have Windswept (H-46 028) on the hard at Puerto Penasco Mexico for the hurricane season. Having said that I forgot to take measurement of the propeller shaft diameter....so as to purchase the correct anode for same. Does anyone have that measurement on the top of their head?

Also while I'm in Ca. I'll pick up some packing for the stern gland....I believe that packing is 3/8". Is this correct?

Thanks heaps!
Don

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below