Author Topic: Vented Washer / Dryer for H-54  (Read 177 times)

RH2

Re: Vented Washer / Dryer for H-54
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 03:24:38 AM »
Our "matching door" was a plastic tissue box that hid the extension tube - full credit to the previous owner and it was neat and simple. I have relaced the heads and relocated some switches and outlets so I have replaced the fascia and not bothered with the vent as we never use it, but it would be easy to add back if required.

Our washer/dryer is a Splendide and it is hidden by a pair of doors in the shower cubicle. There is a large removable panel fwd facing in the shower cubicle that is supposed to be large enough to push the washer dryer through should it ever need replacing, fingers crossed I don't ever have to tackle that one.

elecco

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 03:00:38 PM »
Our 54 with washer/dryer in the aft shower locker has a 5" diameter flexible extension hose that is stored behind the wash basin fascia panel. It is pulled out and extended so it can be poked out the bathroom window. We don't use the dryer as we are in the tropics but the logic of the setup makes sense

RH2 - this is what I was looking for, great solution.  I just heard from Hylas as well and the way your dryer vent is installed is similar to what they just outlined.  The vent goes from the dryer to the fascia panel above the head.  There is a nice matching door installed. You open that door and attach a flex hose and run it out the bathroom porthole.  Brilliant. 

One related question, is your cabinet door for the storage locker still in place and able to "hide" the washer when closed?

Thanks again,

Ed
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:03:25 PM by elecco »

RH2

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 04:57:23 AM »
Our 54 with washer/dryer in the aft shower locker has a 5" diameter flexible extension hose that is stored behind the wash basin fascia panel. It is pulled out and extended so it can be poked out the bathroom window. We don't use the dryer as we are in the tropics but the logic of the setup makes sense

elecco

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 01:14:27 PM »
Hi Ed,

When True North was built, Hylas installed the splendide washer dryer under the forward berth.  They added a duct and dorade at the foreward end of the berth and a exhaust fan under the berth.  When I replaced the old washer dryer with a new splendide xp2000 we ran the vent directly to the dorade vent bypassing the blower and it has worked well.

John

Thanks John,

Voyager seems to have been setup to put the Washer / Dryer in the aft shower storage cabinet.  It's pre-wired for the unit but can't make sense on how its vented.  I do have a message to Hylas and interested in what they come back with, as well as any owners that have the same setup (Washer/Dryer in aft shower)

SV True North

• Hylas 54/42
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 10:57:30 AM »
Hi Ed,

When True North was built, Hylas installed the splendide washer dryer under the forward berth.  They added a duct and dorade at the foreward end of the berth and a exhaust fan under the berth.  When I replaced the old washer dryer with a new splendide xp2000 we ran the vent directly to the dorade vent bypassing the blower and it has worked well.

John

elecco

Vented Washer / Dryer for H-54
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 08:55:10 PM »
H-54 owners,

I have a Splendide combo washer / dryer, vented model.  The unit I purchased was recommended by Hylas.  Interested in how those that have a washer / dryer ran the plumbing for the dryer vent?  My boatyard is not quite sure how they will do it.  Vent to a dorade, to the stern of the boat, to the engine room, etc. 

Would love to hear about any similar installs and how your dryer is vented.

Regards,

Ed Lecco
Voyager, H54-11

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below