Author Topic: cockpit light ideas  (Read 466 times)

joel

Re: cockpit light ideas
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2021, 07:03:26 PM »
Saw this product just won awards:

https://kanvaslight.com/#home

I'll be building a hard bimini this winter, so this may get incorporated into it.

Joel

joel

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 02:47:09 PM »
Amazon has USB rechargeable light strips.  Might order a set to try them out.  The fact that they don't need to be wired is huge!

Saw the Mantus light at the boat show.  Too industrial looking for this application.

Finally, the lights shown on the Hylas site for the 48 are Hella lights.

joel

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 03:56:41 AM »
The Mantus light looks like a good option. The website doesn

RH2

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 03:39:42 AM »
We have sewn 2 solid LED strips into the bimini at the front and above the helm. The cables run through the bimini frame to a switch located  in the cockpit that is fused so we can turn it on without having to get into the boat. Great when we get back to the boat without a torch and need light to open the code lock.

Hobiehobie

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 09:20:24 PM »
For task lights these Mantus lights are great.  They attach securely to tubing and charge via USB.  Last for days and have various intensity settings in white and include a red light.

https://www.mantusmarine.com/product/mantus-snap-on-light/?attribute_clamp-size=1

joel

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 08:16:55 PM »
The new 48 shown on the Hylas website has fixed lights attached to the bimini frame.  I'm looking for something along that line.
Might just email QL.

Mazu

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 06:38:05 AM »
We use a 6 foot light strip that is meant to be used behind a tv. It gives great light in many colors and brightness along with annoying flashing music modes. It adjusts from white bright enough to comfortably read to a warm ambient yellow for dining to dim red, or find-my-boat-in-the-anchorage purple. To install it I sewed velcro to the dodger and added a pocket for the usb power pack. The light strip is not waterproof but has lasted 2 seasons so far. At $4.99 we bought a backup.

We use Luci lights.

https://agreenorigin.com/best-inflatable-solar-lights/

Winter River

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 06:03:00 AM »
We use a 6 foot light strip that is meant to be used behind a tv. It gives great light in many colors and brightness along with annoying flashing music modes. It adjusts from white bright enough to comfortably read to a warm ambient yellow for dining to dim red, or find-my-boat-in-the-anchorage purple. To install it I sewed velcro to the dodger and added a pocket for the usb power pack. The light strip is not waterproof but has lasted 2 seasons so far. At $4.99 we bought a backup.

HarpoonTheMermaid

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 04:52:37 AM »
We use these solar led tiki torches. Nice warm light, enough to enjoy a meal, and they fit in the winch.
https://www.amazon.com/Eicaus-Flickering-Waterproof-Landscape-Decoration/dp/B089K6L1M3

wurzner

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 04:09:38 AM »

joel

cockpit light ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 04:58:31 PM »
Looking to  add some cockpit lighting so we can hang out at night. 

Ideally the lights would attach to the bimini frame and operate on batteries so I don't need to run wires.

Suggestions?

Joel

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below