Author Topic: Head upgrade  (Read 447 times)

Naiad

Re: Head upgrade
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 12:52:15 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Pretty sure we can get it to fit and will post an update when we do the install

wurzner

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 03:55:28 AM »
The noise differential between the jabsco and raritan electric head is remarkable.  I am not sure about the macerating performance since I did use it beyond a functional test...but it was remarkably quiet!

Ambition

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 12:30:36 PM »
Mark,
On board Ambition a H46, we replaced the forward head with a Raritan Elegance. The installation was uneventful except for the replacement of all the plumbing hoses - ugh. But a new head deserves new hoses to start its life aboard! The instructions were great and straightforward.
Very pleased with the end result - choices of fresh and salt flush as well as a two choice on the amount of water consumed.
Raritans prior customer service  experience was why we chose the brand again and we are super happy with our decision.
Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition
H46 #40

wurzner

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 03:46:49 AM »
Talk to me next week...mounted and wires led, but wiring not completed.  I went with the slant back, but i may make an addtional glassed box to fill the void.  Macerator heads are a game changer in my perspective.   

Naiad

Head upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 03:54:42 PM »
We have a H49 with Raritan PH superflush manual heads.  We would like to upgrade the aft/master head to an Raritan Elegance.  Has anyone done so and if so any things to be aware of before I order?  Angle back or straight back?  Appreciate this forum!
Mark Albrecht/Pia Castelline
Naiad H49 #68

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below