Author Topic: Generator Issues  (Read 507 times)

Bad Captain

Re: Generator Issues
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 12:20:59 PM »
Andy

Thank you for the insight.  I am going to troubleshoot these areas and see if I can pinpoint the issue.

Knoxan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 07:10:25 AM »
Second thoughts, since it turns it over there may just be a bad connection to the generator controls causing a voltage drop when the starter motor is turning. When the starter turns it does drag the volts down particularly if the battery is struggling. The Tie Switch may just be supporting the volts by bring in more battrey capacity. Look for a loose or corroded connection to the control box or to the fuel solenoid valve.
The control supply is normaly taken from the starter motor solenoid.

Andy
H46#32 True Brew

Knoxan

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 07:00:59 AM »
Sounds like the battery which is connected (with the tie switch Off) is dead. The tie switch when On is connecting in a good battery and once the tie switch is back to Off there is no electrical supply to sustain the generator fuel solenoid valve or the generator controls.
If you leave the tie switch On the bad battery will eventually drain the good battery.

Andy
H46#32 True Brew

Bad Captain

Generator Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 11:29:37 PM »
I am experiencing a rather interesting and frustrating issue with my Generator. 

My Generator will turn over but will not start without the Tie Switch turned to the "On" position. Once running, if I turn the Tie Switch to the "Off" position, the Generator dies.

Any thoughts?  I have a 2007 Hylas 46 with a Panda Fisher 4000.

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below