Author Topic: 46, 47 or 49 Tour Request  (Read 112 times)

roundtheworld

46, 47 or 49 Tour Request
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 06:20:31 PM »
Hi all,

Short version: I am looking for someone with a 46, 47 or 49 in Oahu, HI who would be willing to give my wife and I a boat tour the weekend of July 24-25. I know this is a super specific request, but I thought I would ask.

Long version: We are looking to start a circumnavigation with the family (two adults and two kids) in five years. We currently live in Wisconsin, so getting our hands on suitable bluewater boats is difficult. I grew up sailing on a Tayana 37 up and down the eastern seaboard and Lesser Antilles, but my wife is new to sailing. She has been out a few times on our Tayana, but I would like to show her what a bigger, center cockpit, boat looks/feels like. We are looking to purchase a boat in 3 or 4 years, and a Hylas in the 46-49 foot range is definitely on our list. We will be in Hawaii in a few weeks, so I thought I would see if anyone out there was willing to help!

If you happen to know of someone with a center cockpit boat in the 46 - 52 foot range (any make/model) on Oahu who might be willing to help, please let me know.

Thanks all,
Matt

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below