Author Topic: Moderator retiring, seeks replacement  (Read 659 times)

joel

Re: Moderator retiring, seeks replacement
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »
Amate,

Thank you for running this site.  It has been a huge help!  I wish I had the skills to take over.

A 54 for sale?  My dream boat!  Unfortunately, the Admiral is not ready to downsize the house to upsize the boat.

Joel
Atlantis 44 #66
Currently in Bermuda

Ambition

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 07:52:29 PM »
The crew of Ambition a 46 #40 want to thank you for the years of support to so many want to be and actual Hylas owners. We signed up on this site to help us through the process of purchasing our Hylas and we have found much great information, super insight and some good friends thanks to this group page. We wish you well with the new grand child and the joy the little one brings.
Be safe and enjoy
Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition

S/V Vanishing Point

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »
Hi David Crafa here. I’m a long time Hylas enthusiast and owner of Vanishing Point Hylas 54 hull #20 (which is about to be listed for sale) Currently I’m finishing up commissioning on this ground breaking new Hylas 57 Hull#1 which arrived in Miami this year. I was instrumental in curating and designing the systems profile on board this new yacht and I’m excited to share the newest developments in marine technology and energy conservation with members of the Hylas Yacht Owners Association. I have sailed many Hylas models throughout the years including thousands of miles on Archangel, a Hylas 70. I have had the pleasure to know many Hylas owners personally over the years.  Ive helped to organize the Salty Dawg Sailing Rally’s 2017  Cuba  rendezvous.  Currently am the fleet captain for the Bahamas leg of the Salty Dawg Rally which Hylas now sponsors. I’m tech savy and have a background in technology and content creation for my company in New York thecuttingroom.com. Lastly, I would like to thank you for all of the years that you have maintained this site. It has literally changed my life! Thanks for your consideration.

Che Figata

• sailingchefigata
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
I, too, want to thank you for your service.  We joined this site when we were in the Hylas buying process and it has been so helpful over the years.  So many questioned answered and great discussions.  As an added benefit, we feel like we know got to know other Hylas owners through their contributions.  As for the admin role, I also have zero experience but would be happy to help.  Can this site support multiple administrators?  I know that FB groups often have more than one.  If that

wurzner

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 03:45:54 AM »
I would take on the mederator if no one else with more skills is interested. No IT background...but have done our sailing club website.  Cheers and thank you for your service.

Amante

• Administrator
Moderator retiring, seeks replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 06:38:27 PM »
Hello all,

After 13 years with our beloved Amante, HYlas 70-02, we have sold her. I am still in denial that she is gone, and I type this wearing an Amante tee shirt, still loathe to face being boatless. I have a new grandbaby and I hear that is the end of boat life for many. C

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below