Author Topic: Hose Water Inlet  (Read 264 times)

jt11791

• Renegade's cruising blog
Re: Hose Water Inlet
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 01:45:48 PM »
Here is how it works on my 54:

From the transom connection, which is a pressure regulator, the water line goes to the water manifold in the engine room.  To use dock water, connect your hose to the transom, turn off all the tanks at the manifold, open the manifold valve for the transom, and then turn on the dock water.  The freshwater pump is still in the system, but never runs as the pressure always stays high.  You can fill your tanks by opening the tank's valve at the manifold while the dock water is on.
S/V Renegade  H54-19

David Comroe

Re: Hose Water Inlet
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 10:58:46 PM »
If it was installed as mine was it bypasses the internal fresh water system. It does not fill the tanks. While convenient, you should turn off the fresh water at its source  when you leave the boat. You should also install an in line filter at the end of the hose before it enters the boat.

nesscapade

Hose Water Inlet
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 10:48:32 PM »
We have Flying Lady, a 2003 H54 and I've never used the hose inlet at the stern. Anyone know how that works?

Where does it go? Can you use it to fill tanks, or does it just provide pressure? If it provides pressure how does that happen?

Not a fan of connecting a supply hose to the boat so I want to understand the benefits.

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below