Author Topic: Accessing fuel hoses under cockpit sole?  (Read 349 times)

joel

Re: Accessing fuel hoses under cockpit sole?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 03:15:45 PM »
After consulting with Queen Long and looking closely at the floorboards (moving the spinnaker etc out of the way), all I had to do is unscrew the table base from the floorboards, lift it out and the board was free!

No sign of any leaks, but I cleaned up the bilge as long as I was there.
Joel
44 # 66
Atlantis

joel

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »
Ken,

Yes, it will!

Thanks for the detailed write-up.  It sounds like a major PIA. 
Some winter when I have nothing better to do I want to refinish our floorboards too.  I did them on my C&C, but that was just in the main salon.  This would be a much bigger undertaking.

Nirvana

• Nirvana - H46 #13
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 10:30:53 AM »
That apostrophe will get you every time.

I pulled the entire sole of Nirvana last fall and refinished it.

I do not remember which boat you have but if yours is anything like mine the floor under the table is secured with screws and bunged over.  The table is screwed into that floor section with machine screws and nuts underneath so it is independent and does not have to be removed.

To remove the floor in that section you need to drill out the bungs with a Forstner bit to get to the screws then insert new bungs and refinish the floor when done.  Also, I discovered the hard way that that section is secured at the Nav station end as well.  Where the step down into the Nav station is there is a teak trim strip / threshold.  The section the table sits on is screwed endwise through that threshold then bunged in.

Lastly the rails for the bench seat are bolted across the gap of multiple sections, one being the section the table is on. Two of the bolts run into pronged T nuts underneath but the others  have regular nuts and washers so be aware the floor and slide rails come up together on one section (I.e. until  you can get to the nuts underneath)  if I remember correctly the section with nuts was in the walk space in front of the settee. Thus I had to remove that section before I could get the other two sections out.  To solve that I installed T nuts under all of them in case I ever had to remove just one section again.

Ken Sabatini
Nirvana - 1997 Hylas 46 #13

joel

Accessing fuel hoses under cockpit sole?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 11:49:48 PM »
I need to inspect the hoses on the fuel tanks under the cockpit sole. There is a small leak when I refuel.
I suspect a leaking fill or vent hose.
To remove the port floorboard do I need to unscrew the table base?  I don

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below