Author Topic: Tides Marine Sailtrack Input Please  (Read 35 times)

joel

Re: Tides Marine Sailtrack Input Please
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 01:22:21 PM »
I had one installed on my 44 last year after getting tired of breaking plastic slides.  It's great!  The sail drops in 5 seconds if I just release the halyard.  Hoisting takes much less effort.  Nothing sticks or binds.

If you are installing it yourself you will need 2 cans of McLube to lubricate the track as you insert it.  The sail cars are inserted from the bottom.  Then a lock goes on the bottom of the track,  You don't use the existing mast gate except to insert the track.

You won't regret it!

Joel
Atlantis 44#66
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:40:14 PM by joel »

wurzner

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 01:08:38 PM »
Thank you Jim.  I guess i wasn't clear on one thing; it is where they put the gate to insert the slugs that is way up in the air.  I believe that will be lower with the new system.  Thank you for the feedback regarding your experiences...greayly appreciated.

Cheers
Shaun

Ripple

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 12:46:53 PM »
I do not know if it will help your stack height but you will not find a better slide system for your main. Few moving parts, no corrosion issues and easy to install. Installed one on our previous boat and would have one now if our current boat did not have in-mast furling.
Jim, 46-53

wurzner

Tides Marine Sailtrack Input Please
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 05:19:10 AM »
Anyone using the tidesmarine sailtrack system.  (https://www.tidesmarine.com/sailtrack/index)  It came recommend due to ultra low friction hoisting/dousing, easier reefing, the the ability to lower my gate from the existing 7ft above the seck location.  Any feedback good or other?    About $2000 delivered for a 54ft hoist.   Since we are setting up the boat for double handing, ease of operation reefing if key.

Thanks
Shaun

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below