Author Topic: Port List on Hylas 49  (Read 188 times)

bobknapp

• Quintessa
Re: Port List on Hylas 49
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 07:52:49 AM »
The port list has been frustrating not only for appearance but because it fouls the port waterline.  I have made several efforts to correct it with modest improvement: 1) install lead bricks in starboard garage as high as possible up the hull. This was less effective on the list because it was so far from the beam but also helped level out the bow heavy condition.  the trade off was more hobby-horseing with weight in each end.  2) lead bricks in the propane locker.  this was easy because i just set them in there. 3) locate heavy storage items in the starboard lockers. All that i have done has only partially corrected the problem.  unfortunately I made matters slightly more challenging by installing a radar pole on the port side but i had no choice in the location.  In the future I might install lead sheets behind the starboard settee (I estimate that I will need 250 to 300 lbs ).  Other than all that, I try to keep the port tank more empty than the starboard (helps with waterline fouling in port).  I would welcome any other ideas people have.

Bob Knapp
s/v Quintessa (H49-47)

Ganesha

Port List on Hylas 49
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »
Has anyone come up with a good idea to correct for the slight port list (about 1 or 1-1/2 degrees) on the Hylas 49?

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below