Author Topic: Bow Roller for H44  (Read 246 times)

NordicSunII

Re: Bow Roller for H44
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 04:34:48 PM »
Chad,

Hope you enjoy the PNW.  Nordic Sun II is also in Puget Sound.  Might run into you some day.

Greg

Triton

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 10:28:09 PM »
Had the same problem. I have seen a few custom made out of stainless steel. Mine was a plastic made of Delrin. It showed cracking and I wanted to replace it before it disintegrated. A few machine shops that work with marine equipment quoted $60 to $90 to make one of Delrin and about $20 more for a backup. The challenge is the small outside roller diameter and relatively large bolt. No one seems to stock the bolt diameter. I found several made of Delrin at West Marine that were the correct overall size and then had to drill out the center bore to the larger diameter. Best done with a drill press and vise to hold the piece centered to keep the drill bit from walking to one side. They were less than $20 each, bought several and kept a few for backups.

joel

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »
Janes kids are now running the US operation. They are very nice. If you donít hear from Jane email Andy in Miami.

Chad Walsh

• Chad Walsh - Velella H44
Bow Roller for H44
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »
I need to replace my bow roller on my H44.  Dimensions are:
hole diameter: 3/4''
outer diameter: 2 3/4
Length: 2 3/4

I looked around the web but did not find anything.  Appears to be an unusual size.  Any suggestions?

Also, I have heard that Hylas is under new ownership/mgmt. in the US and that they were going to start helping owners with maintenance/repairs (like this one).

Has anyone heard anything?  The website is not very helpful.  I send a message to Jane in TW on the bow roller question.  She has always been very very helpful, so hopefully I'll hear back.

BTW, Velella is now in the Pacific Northwest.  Except for the cold water, it's pretty awesome up here!  Can't wait to explore more next summer.

Thanks!
Chad Walsh
Velella
H44-74
Chad Walsh - Velella H44

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below