Author Topic: Hello! We are the new owners of SV Rover, Hylas 54 #43  (Read 519 times)

joel

Re: Hello! We are the new owners of SV Rover, Hylas 54 #43
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 05:32:45 PM »
Brian,

Good to meet you at the boat show!  looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Joel
Atlantis
44 #66

bluepearl

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 07:43:30 PM »
Hello Rover, we are Blue Pearl (Hylas 54, hull#44). We are at Jabins in Annapolis at the moment (October). We just finished a circumnavigation (World ARC start of 2018). You are welcome to stop by for a chat. I will be on the boat here for a few weeks before departing for Tortola early November. Ruud Bosman

Virginia Voyager

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 02:21:44 PM »
SV Rover,
I actually saw her in Charleston back in June out on the Mega Dock. Truly a beautiful vessel. My wife and I have similar plans and will be surveying the Hylas 54 Lizzie on 8 October down in Ft Lauderdale. Our hopes are to start circumnavigation next fall. We currently sail out of Annapolis and will keep an eye out for SV Rover (Grattitude).

joel

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 03:31:06 PM »
Congrats!  We keep our 44, Atlantis on South River. Hope to see you on the Bay before you cast off.

Joel

brian black

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 01:03:36 AM »
Congratulations, and welcome.  We very much enjoyed our time on the US East Coast, and even Ft. Lauderdale.  Enjoy!

S/V Rover

Hello! We are the new owners of SV Rover, Hylas 54 #43
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »
Hello Hylas Forum,
We are pleased to join the group having just purchased 2006 Hylas 54RS #43, formerly known as Gratitude in Charleston, SC.   We will be re-naming her 'Rover' with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with making such a change.
Our crew, Brian, Paula, Lisa and Rich are from Annapolis, MD and are planning a 3 year 'world tour'.  We are looking forward to offering and receiving knowledge, tips and tricks as we refit Rover (the previous owners were fantastic and kept her in great condition with many thoughtful upgrades, but we are still doing things like pulling the rig, new standing and running rigging, bottom job, sails, new 4 blade Maxprop etc.   We plan to deliver Rover from Charleston to Annapolis in mid-July then sailing to Ft Lauderdale in November after the US Sailboat show.   We look forward to meeting fellow Hylas owners and sharing experiences!
PS. our blog is at svrover.com

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below