Author Topic: Gurgling Blower  (Read 1052 times)

linback

Marine anchor chains
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 06:57:37 AM »
The marine anchor chains are made of metal, chain diameter start from 12.5MM to 162mm. grade 2 and grade 3 chains are available. It is used for mooring requirements and is applicable to commercial shipping. The marine anchor chains are for sale at YSmarines with the best prices. All the chains are tested by UT and MT detection and proof and loading test have been passed. Their surface could be blacking painting or hot-dip galvanized. All the chains could be approved by marine classification society such as ABS, DNV, RINA, LR, BV, CCS, BKI, etc.

Woody1

Re: Gurgling Blower
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 02:07:23 PM »
So is the ER blower meant to be an exhaust blower, a supply blower, or a bilge blower? I'n not on the boat now, so not where I can trace out the ducting.
Linwood Walton
Blue Heaven
H46 #18
blueheaven@earthlink.net

tbglynn

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:05:41 PM »
Merrill and Maryse, 

You have hit upon precisely the solution I came to 15 years ago on my 44/45.5.  It remains on my eternal list to find a better way, but it will never be reached.  It has served me well enough for all this time.

Tim Glynn
S/v Egraine

Ambition

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 01:20:36 AM »
Our vent hose does not go up to the deck level before dropping down and under the aft berth. If I get really energetic that will be an upgrade that I will do.
Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition 46 #40

Ripple

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 10:45:42 PM »
On our 46, the hose from the SS vent is routed up to the underside of the deck before turning down to the blower located in the starboard lazarette. Is your layout similar? We replaced the blower with a heavy duty unit and did not see any evidence of water infiltration. JR

Ambition

Gurgling Blower
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »
Today was my day to find out why the engine room blower was making gurgling sounds .... although I am not technical, this didn't seem right. After emptying the starboard stern locker - wrestling all the "stuff" out, I realized that the blower exhaust hose disappears through a bulkhead and under the aft berth.
After removing the blower hose from the actual blower it was clear that the large diameter hose was indeed quite full of water - not even a small air space was left. I emptied the water out with a wet vac and then punched a small hole (1/8") in the very bottom of hose to ensure that any accumulation will self empty.
We must have had some pretty substantial following seas to push that much water in through the SS vent on the stern swim platform. Fortunately the sea water never reached the blower which is a good thing.
Now to go sort through all the "stuff" to get back into the locker - rather like cleaning out the garage!  >:

Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below