Author Topic: Hylas 49 Polar Diagram  (Read 3806 times)

jklarason

Re: Hylas 49 Polar Diagram
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:32:53 PM »
 Hi Allen, I too have been looking for a polar Xiang or Hylis 49 hull number three. I would be interested in the application you used to create your polis. I would like a more complete polis for the boat if possible. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards Jeff

Solitude

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
Thank you Relentless!  

Sent from my iPhone.   Please excuse typos.  

Kaian

Isla Mujeres
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »
Hello Alan and Jennifer,
We are Robb and Carmela Bozina aboard our Hylas 46 "Kaian" now in Fort Lauderdale.
I  would like to ask you a question or two regarding the Isla Mujeres Regatta without pestering the whole flock of Hylas
owners but cannot identify a private e mail address for you on the member list.
If you would be kind enough to  respond to us at   < downwindsf@icloud.com > I will get back to you.
Thnx,
Robb

Relentless

Hylas 54 Polars
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »
This polar table is from Frers for Hylas 54 Strella Encore

Sanderling

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 02:31:15 AM »
Alan,
I tried the same search for polars a few months ago and was unsuccessful with Hylas or S & S.
I eventually downloaded an app called iPolar to my Ipad, put in the boat specs as best I could find, and think I have come up with a reasonably useful substitute. the polars show a sweet spot(8.5 to 9 kn)  running from 70 to 130 degrees off wind of 16 to 20 knots. This seems to be pretty consistent with my rather limited experience of 2 years, and are calculated on a main of 635 sq ft and a jib of 450 sq ft.
I would appreciate hearing from those with many more sea miles and more racing experience on the usefulness of polars for a 49.

George Vallance
Sanderling II
H49 #41
Vancouver BC

Alan Steele

Hylas 49 Polar Diagram
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »
Hello All,We are Alan and Jennifer Steele and privileged to own a Hylas 49 # 64 Legacy. We are in the Panhandle of Florida, Pensacola, on the Gulf Coast. We are prepping the boat to race in the Regatta al Sol to Isla Mujures, Mexico next month and wondered if anyone ever came across a polar diagram for the 49? We love Legacy and she has treated us well the last two years. If any Hylas owners get up this way be sure to give us a shout.Thanks to all for keeping the site up.Alan and Jennifer Steele Sent from Alan Steele's iPhone

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below