Author Topic: Whisker Poles for H49  (Read 189 times)

bp919

Re: Whisker Poles for H49
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 11:42:18 PM »
Bob ... I added a Whisker pole to H49-50 several years ago, prior to Bermuda race.... I used a Forespar 800801 carbon pole (Aluminum was super heavy for a pole this size, I wanted to be able to launch this myself) ... Also used Forespar track system on the mast, with control lines and chocks (see attached drawing) .... I use it for both a 110 Genoa (i downsized from std H49 130, the boat tacks much better)) and a code zero .... Pole's a lot to handle in a breeze, but makes light air downwind sailing 100% better ... I've added some pics, you're welcome to message me if you need more details .... Good luck, let us know how it works out.

bobknapp

• Quintessa
Whisker Poles for H49
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:39:51 PM »
We are planning on installing a whisker pole including a mast track for vertical storage.  I would be interested in knowing which whisker poles people have gone with for the 49 and what their recommendations are.  There is a track system that Selden uses which seems to make sense as opposed to standard T track which would need to be screwed on with machine screws.  I would prefer a line control adjustable pole but it seems that Selden does not recommend this for this size boat.  Thanks for any input.

Bob Knapp
s/v Quintessa (H49-46)

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below