Author Topic: Insurance Policies  (Read 402 times)

svwindhorse

Re: Insurance Policies
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 09:15:22 AM »
I’ve been using Morgan Wells, agent with Jack Martin insurance out of Annapolis for twenty years. The underwriter they use is Chubb and is highly rated.  We keep our boat in the Caribbean. 

joel

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
I switched from BoatUS to Berkeley Marine Insurance through an agent.  Better geographic coverage, slightly more money.

Panama Red

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 02:35:04 PM »
I also use Pantaenius.  I currently have them for East Coast: Georgia to Nova Scotia to Bermuda.  I just need to call them to leave the area. 

So far, so good.

Sailsteady

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:58:27 AM »
I've heard  good things from other sailors about the IMIS Jackline insurance policy, although I have not personally used them yet.

Dan
S/v Nepenthe
H46

derek

• Manketti
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 10:28:33 AM »
Good morning
I am using the company below I decided to change when I went to the Azores last year as my existing insurance did not look up to the job, I pay monthly with no extra charge and their system uses a world map so you only pay for the area you are sailing in.
Best regards
Derek
Manketti H49 #47

Pantaenius Sail & Motor Yacht Insurance

Pantaenius UK Ltd.: Marine Building • 1 Queen Anne Place • Plymouth • Devon • PL4 0FB
Tel: +44 17 52 22 36 56 • Fax: +44 17 52 22 36 37 • Email:info@pantaenius.co.uk

Iolea

Insurance Policies
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:41:16 AM »
Does anyone have any thoughts on which insurers are worthy of approaching for quote and those that are best avoided?  The coverage I'm looking for includes one ocean passage from Hawaii to Alaska in May then coastal gunk holing all the way down to Vancouver Island. 

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below