Author Topic: No power to generator power lift pump  (Read 229 times)

Hobiehobie

Re: No power to generator power lift pump
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:11:56 PM »
The relay was it.  Thanks so much!   We were confused because we did not think the lift pump, a long way from the generator, would be controlled by a relay in the suitcase!  But it is! 

jammin

Re: No power to generator power lift pump
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 04:35:25 AM »
The pump is fused. The fuse is located inside the generator capsule on the stbd side of the electrical end of the unit. Two or three rectangular plastic fuses are located there. The  problem may also be the fuel pump relay which is located near the fuses. Those facet lift pumps fail pretty often though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fuse pops again as soon as you change it if it is bad.

There could also be a problem with one of the shut down sensors. If one is indicating a fault (exhaust too hot, coolant too hot) the pump won't run, but you should see an indication of the fault in the control panel if that's the case.

Hobiehobie

No power to generator power lift pump
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »
Hello all.  Any thoughts on this.  H54 #50

Generator stopped today as we were making water in Guadeloupe.  Fischer Panda Mimi 8. Usually this is due to filters so we changed the engine fuel filter and generator Racor.  But generator would not start.  So we began to investigate.  The auxiliary lift pump connections looked a little corroded so we removed and cleaned them.  But then we found there is no incoming voltage to the pump when the generator circuit is activated. I assume This should be 12 v as soon as the generator main power switch is turned on under the chart table and the FP panel power switch is activated.  But nothing.  Even with fuel supply open and lid of rancor cracked there is. I fueal flow. There is no labeled fuse for the generator lift pump on the DC panel behind the chart table, nor apparently any in line fuse that we can find.

Any thoughts appreciated. Of course we have friends arriving this afternoon and would appreciate a functioning generator!

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below