Author Topic: Hylas 54 info  (Read 124 times)

SeaGlub

• Adventures of SeaGlub and the Hesitant Half
Re: Hylas 54 info
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »
Not as luxurious as the 54 but we are sitting in the marina with you in Barra on our 46. You're more than welcome to come over. We'll be in this area for the next couple of months. Email me at SeaGlub at gmail
C&M
SeaGlub H46 #22

groundswell7

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 06:14:15 PM »
We're currently in Barra de Navidad.  We'll be in the Puerto Vallarta area in March.

Mike

800lance

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 05:25:14 PM »
Where exactly are you located now ?

tulsag

• Hylas 54 #33 TARA
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 03:26:07 AM »
Mike and Angie

You can call me at 918-671-0404 or Lisa 918-645-3698 and we can tell you about our experiences ranging from the Bahamas to the Caribbean and on to the Mediterranean.  Note: TARA is a centerboard version.

Mark & Lisa Powell
s/v TARA
Hylas '54
Mark Powell
Hylas 54  hull#33  TARA

groundswell7

Hylas 54 info
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 12:38:42 AM »
Hello, all-

My wife and I have been cruising for the last couple of years aboard our Taswell 43, and we are considering a larger boat as we continue our travels.  The Hylas 54 is at the top our list due to its reputation for build quality and sailing performance, and of course also for its good looks.

Weve spent a fair bit of time learning about the 54 from reading, but one thing weve not been able to do is get a good feel for how the boat sails in a range of different sea and wind conditions.  We really enjoy the way our current boat sails so wed like to make sure that a next boat is a step in the right direction.

To help with that, is it possible that any owners would be willing to have us join for a day sail or perhaps even a short passage?

Were currently in pacific Mexico so a 54 on the west coast of North America would be easiest for us, but we also have good ability to travel if that makes more sense.  Our friends consider us pretty decent company, and we have a little sailing experience (up to Alaska and back, out to Hawaii and back) to contribute.

You can learn a bit more about us at svmadrone.com, and feel free to reply either via the Hylas list or directly to us.

Thanks in advance!
Mike and Angie

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below