Author Topic: H46 Keel Bolt Size and Torque?  (Read 181 times)

Sailsteady

Re: H46 Keel Bolt Size and Torque?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 03:12:42 PM »
For the record and for future searches on this site, here is the information from Queen Long regarding the H46 Keel Bolts:

The H46 uses 35mm bolts that are torqued to 81 kgfm.  This is easily converted to ft/lbs if needed online.

I measured the nuts and came up with 55mm in case you need to procure a socket (deep).  This was the measurement at least for my boat, a 1997 H46.

Hope this is of help to someone else later.

Dan
s/v Nepenthe

Sailsteady

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 10:49:41 PM »
Thanks Merrill!  I guess as a former Endeavour owner I got used to not having the builder available to answer questions so the owners had to fill that gap and our communications flowed solely between owners. I will shoot another email off to Taiwan and see what they have to say.

Cheers,

Dan
s/v Nepenthe

Ambition

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 10:42:19 PM »
Dan,
A quick email to the folks at Queen Long would answer all your questions. I have always found them to be very cooperative and provide answers to all my questions.
Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

Sailsteady

H46 Keel Bolt Size and Torque?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »
Would anyone happen to have the specs for the keel bolts used on the H46?  More specifically, the socket size and factory specified torque?  I went through all the paperwork that came with the boat and have been unable to locate that information  The nuts seem to be 55mm in size as best as I can tell.  Some of them are fairly flush while several others will require a deep socket to access.  I also understand that there may be four additional bolts under the engine which I will not be able to access if that's the case.

Any info available is, as always, greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan
s/v Nepenthe
Oriental, NC

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below