Author Topic: Windlass Control Box - Location on a 46  (Read 242 times)

Ambition

Re: Windlass Control Box - Location on a 46
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 12:47:04 AM »
Thanks all for the quick response ... much appreciated. As always, time to start taking stuff apart!

Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

SeaGlub

• Adventures of SeaGlub and the Hesitant Half
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 08:14:40 PM »
Our control box is located under the forward stateroom berth than a separate breaker mounted on the wall in the v-head. I also had to change out cables a few years back as they had corroded at the connection point to the motor in the anchor locker under the windlass
C&M
SeaGlub H46 #22

Ripple

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:58:57 PM »
Merrill, our windlass relay is mounted on a panel against the port hull under the fwd bunk. We ordered another relay when our windlass failed last year. It is now a spare relay because it was water entering the cables at the windlass, disintegrating the cable for 10, that was the problem. JR

joel

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 07:08:21 PM »
Merrill,

Just follow the cable from the breaker and it will lead you to the box.  The problem could just be corroded connectors causing voltage drop, so have your meter handy.  On my boat, the breaker was undersized (only 50 amp when it should have been 100) and the cable corroded.  Then the motor drowned.

I need to order a new motor for my windlass.    Not looking forward to that job!

Joel
Atlantis 44 # 66.

Ambition

Windlass Control Box - Location on a 46
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 05:30:25 PM »
I have a quick question please. I am trying to locate the control box for the anchor windlass on our 2002 H46 hull #40. Any chance I could get some indication as where to look please? I have power to the breaker (the red lights turn on when I set the breaker switch to on). I have looked behind the breaker switch for the windlass / bow thruster under the pullman berth and see nothing.
Neither the foot controls at the bow nor the up / down switch in the cockpit will engage the windlass. I am about to check at the motor for power but would really like to find the box!
Thanks in advance,
Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below