Author Topic: Float Switch, Which Kind?  (Read 420 times)

Ambition

Re: Float Switch, Which Kind?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 03:16:21 PM »
I replaced the float switches for pumps and high water alarms with Water Witch and so far very pleased with the performance.

Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

Moonlight

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 02:39:09 PM »
I've been looking at the water level switches from Water Witch.  They appear to have no moving parts but I don't know how well they hold up.  Anybody have these? 

NordicSunII

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 03:21:43 AM »
Guess I will have to look and see what brand I have now.  Thought it was Johnson but maybe not.

joel

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »
There is no float in the Johnson switch.  Sounds like a bad electrical connection either internally or externally.

NordicSunII

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »
The Johnson switch is what I use in the sump pump.  The problem Iím having is the switch seems to get stuck up, or stuck down so it doesnít work.  Then if I hit the thing it starts to work.  But of course I canít hit the switch when the top of the sump is on.

joel

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 02:56:30 PM »
I've had good luck with the Johnson and Whale electronic switches for the bilge.  I would think they would work for the sump, but we have manual switches in the heads.
https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?name=whale-electric-bilge-switch&path=-1|51|2856131&id=2009088

Joel
Atlantis 44 # 66

NordicSunII

Float Switch, Which Kind?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 06:41:53 AM »
I'm having nothing but problems with my float switch in my sump.  I've replaced it twice, and now it needs to be replaced the third time in around 2 years.  I'm also adding a secondary bilge pump, so I need to find another float switch for it.  My question is which float switch are you guys using for your sump pump?  Also which float switches do you find works best for the bilge pump?

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below