Open Discussion > Hylas Discussion

Hylas 56 being sold as an Outbound 56

(1/1)

joel:
David,

Sorry for your plight!  I  reviewed the court papers after seeing your post, and you are correct. (I practice in the court)  Hylas (Jackney) and QL co-owned the molds for the 56, 63 and 70 according to the court papers.  The total value of the 3 molds is stated to be $80,000.  There was nasty litigation between the parties pending in Boston prior to the bankruptcy filing.  This will resolve all claims, but it has not been approved yet.  Creditors can object if they wish.  The judge assigned to the case is very thorough and will nit-pick the details.

Joel

David Comroe:
I am unfortunately involved in this as I am a secured creditor to Hylas Yachts, Inc (HYI).  My understanding, and as shown in the court papers filed, in order to resolve issues between HYI and QL a settlement was reached in July, 2018 giving the 56 mold to HYI and the rest of the molds to QL.  HYI was given the right to market that boat and to use pictures of other 56's as long as it was noted that the boat pictured was made by another manufacturer (QL).  HYI filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in September, 2018 in Maryland bankruptcy court.  HYI wants to sell the 56 sailboat mold together with a 56 powerboat mold ( which I am involved in) to a group of investors named OIG, LLC.  The Debtor is attempting to obtain bankruptcy court  approval, after the fact, of the settlement.  Apparently, HYI is treating the agreement as a given (which it is not, without Court approval)., and both molds are already in the possession of Outbound Yachts in China.  Outbound has, I think, jumped the gun in its advertisement.  Kyle Jackney is working as a Broker for Outbound.  What a surprise.

jay:
I do understand, in the last +- five years the 56 was their best seller (what I heard anyway). Also, I heard a rumor that Kyle now has the 56 mold. That being said, QL still has the 56 on their web site.  One would think that QL would explain, especially for us that own a 56, and everyone that has or thinking of committing to purchase one.  I showed another couple my boat that is interested, but my response was, to wait and see what is going on. Thanks for your question Merrill. Some clarity by QL, would be nice.
Jay Hy56 #12

Ambition:
I am a little confused and anxious to understand how a Hylas 56 is being sold as an Outbound 56 - https://outboundyachts.com/outbound56/.
Does anyone have the back office story on this change?
Merrill
S/V Ambition H46 #40

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version