Open Discussion > Hylas Discussion

Hylas 56 being sold as an Outbound 56

(1/2) > >>

Amante:
Thanks for posting this. We all want to know what is going on with our brand. Or we should.

Vanessa

joel:
Interesting!
Hylas still lists the 56 on its website.  Wonder if they made a few hulls before turning over the mold.

Tribute:
I heard at the Annapolis boat show that Outbound took at least one order for a 56. They must be pretty sure of the situation to do that.

joel:
An update:  Jackney has withdrawn his motion to approve the settlement.  His testimony made it unclear if the mold was sold before the bankruptcy (even though he owned 1/2 of it).  Also, the Maryland address he used was that of a friend.  The case may be transferred to Massachusetts or dismissed.  No idea what will happen to the mold.
Joel

joel:
David,

Sorry for your plight!  I  reviewed the court papers after seeing your post, and you are correct. (I practice in the court)  Hylas (Jackney) and QL co-owned the molds for the 56, 63 and 70 according to the court papers.  The total value of the 3 molds is stated to be $80,000.  There was nasty litigation between the parties pending in Boston prior to the bankruptcy filing.  This will resolve all claims, but it has not been approved yet.  Creditors can object if they wish.  The judge assigned to the case is very thorough and will nit-pick the details.

Joel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version