Author Topic: Hylas 56 being sold as an Outbound 56  (Read 4282 times)

Hylas Yachts

Re: Hylas 56 being sold as an Outbound 56
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2019, 02:07:40 PM »
Hello Hylas Owners & Friends – Thank you everyone for making the Hylas community all that it is. The Owner’s Forum is a great resource for owners and interested individuals and we love the fact that such a community has developed around the brand. We always strive to make Hylas just as much about the people as we the boats. There’s a lot of questions about what’s on the horizon and the latest news from Hylas Yachts. To help keep everyone updated we invite you to register for our newsletter, the November newsletter will be coming out soon! Of course anyone who has a question about Hylas Yachts is always welcome to speak to our team, please feel welcome to call 561-515-6027 and we’ll be happy to chat. Thank you, Peggy Huang

Crafty

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 01:00:14 PM »
H57 Hull# 1 ships in April. The new H60 is shipping now and will be at the Miami boat show in February . You can always set up a test sail with Hylas on any of the new or traditional models. They will be happy to arrange that for you.

BillC

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 11:26:03 PM »
Hmm seems like you might be a victim of “fake news”  :-\ As an insider, I can tell you that Hylas yachts production schedule is full through 2021. Hylas has sold several new 57’s. I know...I bought one! The Hylas H60 Hull#1 is on the way to the US as we speak. Another H48 was closed at the Annapolis show as well as an H46. A very special version of the legendary H49 was closed this summer as well as the new M44 Down East style Power yacht which is what I will probably buy sometime down the road. Its simply magnificent.

Well, this all sounds like great news! Do you when the first 57 will be delivered and where?

Crafty

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 11:10:32 PM »
Hmm seems like you might be a victim of “fake news”  :-\ As an insider, I can tell you that Hylas yachts production schedule is full through 2021. Hylas has sold several new 57’s. I know...I bought one! The Hylas H60 Hull#1 is on the way to the US as we speak. Another H48 was closed at the Annapolis show as well as an H46. A very special version of the legendary H49 was closed this summer as well as the new M44 Down East style Power yacht which is what I will probably buy sometime down the road. Its simply magnificent.

BillC

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 04:07:09 AM »
I was told they are booked through 2020 with 48 and 60s on order.

Joel

Hmm... I was led to believe that the 48 at the show was the same boat that they showed last year and that it is for sale. You may be right about the 60, but I do not think that they have delivered any so far. The rest of the conversation that I overheard was about the the lack of orders for the 57. Perhaps that changed by the end of the show.

Bill

joel

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 10:48:58 PM »
I was told they are booked through 2020 with 48 and 60s on order.

Joel

BillC

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 07:58:26 PM »
Went aboard as well.  Met Dick's son.  I did not look at build quality, but it looked nice.  I wonder how it stacks up against the new Hylas 57 and 60.

I too went aboard the Outbound 56 at the Annapolis boat show. I believe that this is either the 2nd or 3rd new boat to be sold as an Outbound 56. Does anyone know? I spent considerable time looking at the boat - almost wore out my welcome. ;-)

I also spent a lot of time speaking with Kyle about the Outbound 56 and have learned some of the backstory of the move from Queen Long to Hansheng yacht builders in Xiamen City, China. I'm told that Outbound builds all of its boat there, as well as Passport Yachts, and a few other brands too.

My impression based upon the Outbound 56 at the show, is that the new 56 is nearly identical to the Hylas 56. I was told that the 56 molds have moved to Outbound. From what I was able to discern, is that the new Outbound 56 continues the same formula of a serious blue water cruiser – conservative, strong and built to be sailed and not hang out at dockside.

I spent time on the Hylas 48 and the Hylas 70 at the boat show. Both are very nice boats! However, when I pressed the sale representatives, they said that they have yet to deliver any new 57's and were vague about orders. I also heard that they have not sold any new 48's or 70's in more than a year. Does anyone have better information? There are always two sides to every story.

Outbound was also showing an aspirational 60 foot new design that they hope to launch in the next 2 years.

I am leaning towards spec'ing out a new Outbound 56 and am currently learning as much as I can and looking at all of the options available for a rugged semi-custom boat. Any advice?

Just out of curiosity, how many Hylas 56 boats are out there.

BillC

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 07:13:54 PM »
Many of us are caught up being "creditors" to HYI because of Kyle Jackney.  Amazing that Outbound would pick him up.  Can only be due to the hull molds.  I certainly hope that the bankruptcy proceedings prevent Kyle from proceeding with Outbound and he never works in this industry again.  The Chapter 11 was converted to a Chapter 7 this past week.

Sorry, I do not understand your comment. What is your issue with Kyle Jachney? And how would the bankruptcy proceedings prevent him from trying to move on and earn a living with someone else in this industry? I'm curious, what facts are you asserting here that the rest of us may not be aware of that causes you to have such a negative opinion?

joel

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »
Went aboard as well.  Met Dick's son.  I did not look at build quality, but it looked nice.  I wonder how it stacks up against the new Hylas 57 and 60.

Sailsteady

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 11:11:09 AM »
Went aboard the Outbound 56 as well in Annapolis.  Nice boat.

Virginia Voyager

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »
Went aboard the Outbound 56 at Annapolis Boat Show. Outbound now owns the molds from the Hylas 56 and are remaking it as the Outbound 56.

joel

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 01:57:46 PM »
It's BAAACK!  Outbound is showing a Hylas 56 again on its website.

Tribute

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 09:50:09 PM »
Outbound has one 56 under construction. I have see the pictures...

joel

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 07:23:52 PM »
no, Outbound was acquiring the mold.

brian black

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 07:16:16 PM »
Is the Outbound also made by Queen  Long?

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below