Author Topic: High amp draw and slow speed up for Antal 66 winch  (Read 417 times)

Dave Brennan

Re: High amp draw and slow speed up for Antal 66 winch
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 07:52:45 AM »
I cleaned the relay contacts but it didnít help. I wonder if the motor is shot? Iím in New Zealand now and would appreciate any contacts to source a new one.

Four Winds

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 01:41:47 PM »
Hi Dave just curious if discovered the root cause of your W66 winch issue. I recently experienced the same symtons with my W66 and it turned out to be a worn brush assembly..

Regards,
Mike M

Ripple

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 02:41:00 PM »
Our relays are separate from the winch, accessed from a ceiling panel near the winch. As I recall, it is a black plastic box roughly 2X2x4 inches.  It is somewhat awkward to gain access to due to space limitations but easy to open and repair once it is in your hands. As I recall, the contacts could be rotated to provide fresh contact points, but don't hold me to that. JR

Dave Brennan

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 06:34:01 AM »
Is the realy separate from the winch motor assemble - meaning the switches are wired to the realys which have the high amperage cables?

Ripple

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »
This happened to us also. I disassembled the relay and cleaned up the contacts. It fixed our problem. JR

Dave Brennan

High amp draw and slow speed up for Antal 66 winch
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
We have dual Antal 66 primary winches on our H54. One seems to work normally and draws about 50 amps running. The other starts slowly then speeds up to normal in about 15 seconds, but draws over 100 amps. This happens whether or not the winch is engaged to the motor. Does this indicate windings going bad, an issue with the gear box, or something else entirely? Is this fixable without replacing the winch motor?

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below