Open Discussion > Hylas Discussion

Service recommendations in San Diego?

(1/1)

Dealatis:
Sail work:  Ullman sail loft located above Pacific Offshore rigging near Shelter Island.

Chandlery:  San Diego Marine Exchange

Gel Coat Repair/paint:  Fernando (619-559-0822).   Does great work and did repairs on my boat in this area. 

Call me if you like, with any questions...jack 6198043627

SeaGlub:
Yanmar work get ahold of Elias at PacWest on Shelter Island, he's thee go to guy for yanmar in San Diego. For the SSB contact Shea Weston, he's a partner and significant contributor to Sailmail

Btw you won't be the only boat looking for assistance in San Diego in October so it's going to help if you're there to practicality drag people to your boat to get things done.

Dave Brennan:
We just completed a sail from Seattle to San Diego last week! The weather was sunny and warm with great north winds until around Mendocino, when the winds shifted to the SE thanks to a small lower pressure system. We never saw winds much above 25 knots. If you are interested, you can see our track here: http://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/Anila

We ran into a number of issues along the way and need to track down some good marine service companies in the San Diego area, so I'm looking for recommendations for places to contact (or avoid) for the following work items:

1. Yanmar regular service. Also had issues burning oil and want to have that looked at. Still having issues no one can solve with throttle revving up after hot (and had no reverse when docking, not fun!).
2. Jib UV patch repair as fabric tore when the sail reverse-furled thanks to waves at one point.  The rest of the sail looks fine, but we still need to replace this UV patch and need a good repair loft.
3. Gelcoat repair for a few dings on the bow from anchor retrieval this summer.
4. SSB installer to review my installation and check antennas and signal strength. A test on the way down caused my PC to shut down, but I'm not sure if this was an inverter issue, RF leakage, or ground loop. I didn't try it again underway and haven't had a chance to try again.

We're back in Seattle until the end of the month, then will be back in San Diego in October getting ready for the Baja Ha-Ha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version