Open Discussion > Hylas Discussion

Boat Covers

(1/1)

jay:
Hey
We have been through a few different boat covers.  Our 46, went through 2 different nylon covers.  Both blew out from wind and weather.  I do know people that wrap their boat, but seems like most frown against it as there is just too much moisture and condensation build up, and it's a throw away. 
We ended up going with a Fairclough.  It's heavy canvas with steel supporting frame.  It's certainly not anything you can keep on your boat when not in use, and it's a project to put on.  Also, rather expensive.  But they are custom made for each boat, as they have templates for most of the Hylas models. When on, you really don't have to worry about it much, even with a snow load, and they do last.  You can go to their web site, and watch installation vids.  If however, your just storing for a very short period, it would be way overkill. We ended up with one on our 46, and now one for our 56. A friend on the east coast has one that's made for storing at your slip. Anyway, hope that help.  best jay HY56#12

Aria49:
I have nice nylon boat deck covers for our 49 from previous owner.  They take up quite a lot of space on board.  I'm thinking of getting them off the boat.
Anybody use boat covers?  I think if it sits on the hard we could have it wrapped, this might be the way to go instead of hauling these things around.  Thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version