Author Topic: Replacement Deck Fill cap source?  (Read 2387 times)

linback

Advantage Of The Spring Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 07:04:25 AM »
Spring starter is dealing with the problem which the electric starter is out of electricity. It can make the engine started without battery or other external systems (such as gasholder, cable, air compressor, manometer, accumulator, etc.). There is no cost for maintenance of it, and it has explosion-proof structure.

Peterc

Re: Replacement Deck Fill cap source?
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 08:46:25 PM »
Hi John

I saw this post and thought I found the replacement, but so far no luck. Did you ever find a replacement? If not are your 3d printed ones still working?

Thanks

Peter
s/v Mickey Jean h49 #41

johnspiegel

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 04:55:18 AM »
I never got around to ordering a spare deck fill cap, but I did recently start playing with a 3d printer, and I decided to try to make a spare myself. I wasn't sure if the threads would print well, but after a lot measuring and guessing (1/16" thread pitch) and trial and error, my fourth print fits perfectly. I've got some o-rings on order (I should probably replace all the existing o-rings on my deck fills anyways) to complete it.

Here are some photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LGrS23IamriN3aHt2

If you want to print one yourself, you can download the files here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7lWO4AmTlw8V050Ni1JckNfVzQ?usp=sharing (the FreeCAD file and mesh files are too big to attach). Or I'd be happy to print one for anyone coming through Marina Del Rey in southern California. It should be online at thingiverse too in 24 hours: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2569177

-John Spiegel
Vesper, H46 #30

nesscapade

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 08:07:35 PM »
jane cheng

qlmarine@hylasyacht.com.tw

I find them very helpful

Yan

johnspiegel

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »
Thanks Merrill - do you have Queen Long's contact info handy?

Ambition

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:58:29 PM »
John,
I had exactly the same thoughts with both the fuel and the water caps. I ordered the caps directly from Queen Long and they were, by memory very reasonably priced.

Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition Hylas 46 #40

johnspiegel

Replacement Deck Fill cap source?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
Thankfully, I haven't yet lost a deck fill cap, but it seems somewhat inevitable. I figure it would be prudent to have a spare on hand. Does anyone know what size they are, or where replacements can be found? They are not, as I previously thought, 1 1/4" NPS threaded. The threading appears to have a pitch of 1.5mm and a major diameter of about 44mm. (Maybe 1 3/4", with 20 threads per inch?) The "standard" deck fill cap I got from defender is too small (with threads too big).

-John Spiegel
Vesper, H46 #30

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below