Open Discussion > Hylas Discussion

Primary and Secondary Anchor on Hylas 44

(1/4) > >>

bjhsail:
Chris on SeaGlub, thanks for the feedback on your anchor raising method, and Andy, thanks so much for the pics, really helps to see those.
Brad
SV Helios
2000 H46, #27

Knoxan:
Attached are photographs of anchor chain restraining bar on H46. Fabricated from ss plate and attached at one end to existing bolts on Maxwell 2200 windless and through deck at other end.
The black area is a tough rubber oversleeve added to prevent chain from chafing on bar and damaging galvanising. May add spacers someday to raise the bar slightly to minimise contact.

Regards

Andy
H46 #32
True Brew

Knoxan:
Hi Brad
Will get a picture sometime soon. Boat on hard for winter and due a visit in the next week or so.

Regards

Andy

SeaGlub:
Brad, I would agree with Norm on Blue Moon, when retrieving I find it best to just keep the momentum going.  I have had trouble if I stop the anchor just just short of the roller then try to to continue to retrieve.  I find that giving it 1-2' of runway chain has been sufficient.  The long shank does try to come in contact with our headsail furler, however, so that is something I've had to be aware of.

We've just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of cruising in Mexico, and still love the anchor, especially after sitting through a 50-60 knot gale where winds swapped over 180 degrees at 1am and the anchor reset within a couple of feet and then held the rest of the night.

C&M
seaglub.com

bjhsail:
Norm and Andy, thanks for the replies and insights - very helpful. Andy, it would be great to see a picture of the setup that you describe, with the chain restraint. Would it be possible to post that, or, if not, send me a pic? Not sure what's possible here on this site.
Thanks,
Brad
SV Helios

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version