Author Topic: Hylas 46 Drawings and Measurements for Arch  (Read 936 times)

SeaGlub

• Adventures of SeaGlub and the Hesitant Half
Re: Hylas 46 Drawings and Measurements for Arch
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 03:55:26 AM »
 We have an arch we're very happy with, in fact at least three others have been designed based on ours. I don't have drawings but can send all the pictures you need. Contact me directly at seaglub@gmail.com
C&M
SeaGlub H46 #22

cspath

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »
We have a Hylas 49 and we had an arch fabricated by Metaux Produits this year. Alexandre came to scan the transom and take off the stern rail to integrate it into the new arch. They did a great job and I was able to work with the 3D file to engineer the swing arm to lower the dinghy past the transom steps. I don't know if they have a scan of the Hylas 46 transom, but I highly recommend them. (see attached image)
Christoph /H49/49

dannye

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
I have a S/steel arch installed in my 1996 46' Hylas, it was fabricated piece by piece went the boat was in the boat yard. Because I didnnt want to cut or modify any original s/s extension or pulpit.
Please let me know if you need more pictures or information.

Danny
Grand Cru 2

Sailsteady

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »
John, did you ever complete the arch project?  THis is definitely something on my to-do list so any/all information is welcomed.  Especially interested in cost if you had it fabricated in Canada and shipped to the States.

Thanks!

Dan
1997 H46

snailor

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 03:02:26 AM »
John,

DT Metal Products in Quebec has a very detailed model of our 46. They are about to ship ours next w em. You can email me at Eric.powers@cardno.comand I can send you what have.  From there you'll want to contact Alexandre Lehaie
D.T. Metaux Produits
1120 3E
Grand Marie
Quebec G9T 7A5
Canada
1-819-533-3222

He has built at least 2 arches for H46s

johnspiegel

Hylas 46 Drawings and Measurements for Arch
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:54:19 AM »
I'm looking to put a solar arch on our Hylas 46, and some of the fabricators I've spoken to would like engineering drawings of the aft deck and transom. Does anyone happen to have any engineering drawings for the Hylas 46, especially of the deck with stanchion base locations? I'd like to re-use the existing stanchion bases, and maybe extend the stern railings up to the mid-ship gates.

Thanks,
John Spiegel
SV Vesper, Hylas 46 #30

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below