Author Topic: Hylas 42 - Potential Buyer in Search of Advice  (Read 1296 times)

vanik

Re: Hylas 42 - Potential Buyer in Search of Advice
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »
I'm thinking about buying Hylas 57. My cousin recently bought a Princess 55 yacht and had many problems  :(.

Now I'm cautiously approaching this issue.
What should I learn before buying a yacht?  8)

joel

Re: Hylas 42 - Potential Buyer in Search of Advice
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 08:39:30 PM »
Jeff,

I moved from a C&C 35/3 to a Hylas 44 this year.  If the 42 has encased steering cables, they are an issue in salt water, but if the 42 has always been in fresh water, no worries. Same with the shift/throttle cable.  Of course, age of standing rigging is a concern on a 30 y/o boat.  Sorry I don't have more info on the 42, but I can tell you we are thrilled to own our 44.

Joel

JeffPug

Hylas 42 - Potential Buyer in Search of Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:55:33 AM »
Hi,

I'm considering the purchase of a Hylas 42 here on Lake Michigan. I believe she is hull number 8. Can anyone comment on their experiences with the 42? In particular, are there any known maintenance or structural items I should be wary of prior to purchase, or any upgrades I should consider "must haves?" My typical uses will be day sailing, along with Wednesday night beer can racing and occasional crossings of Lake Michigan. My most recent point of comparison is the C&C 41 I'm sailing now.

Thanks in advance.

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below