Author Topic: " Looking for pre owned Hylas 46 "  (Read 14149 times)

Mauline46

Re: " Looking for pre owned Hylas 46 "
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
I just put my 46 on the market last month - please see www.hylas46-forsale.com for complete details and last survey report  jimb@northhero.com

Ambition

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 11:18:55 PM »
A pre-owned Hylas 46 was just put up for sale today in the marina where Ambition is located. if there was still interest I can provide the contact info.
Cheers,
Merrill
s/v Ambition H46 #40

Kaian

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 11:24:36 PM »
The Hylas 46 is getting increasingly expensive these days - not many manufacturers make boats equally as well suited for double handing  ( e.g. a couple)  - especially 46's with bow thrusters. There are few 46's  

qscorp

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 01:10:06 AM »
Looking for a nicely kept 46. Anyone know about Tswalu for sale in England?

Sent from my iPad

bjhsail

• 2000 Hylas 46 "Helios"
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 10:28:26 PM »

We recently purchased (last April) “Clear Day”, a 2000 Hylas 46 through John Earle of Las Olas Yacht Group in Fort Lauderdale (http://lasolasyachtgroup.com/).  John was with David Walters Yachts for a number of years and was very helpful and professional throughout the purchase process, and has a vast knowledge of used Hylas yachts – I can recommend him highly.  I have also spoken a number of times with Scott Duncombe, who is also very knowledgeable about Hylas.  Good luck!

Brad

Brad Hendricks

bhendricks@azeos.com

Amante

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »
She is on the hard, very proudly displ=ayed, I might add, in Fano, Italy. The shipyard used to build Wallys and los=t the contract. They were very happy to have us for the winter and would wel=come other yachts.

3D"image.jpeg"

cindywhite

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »

Vanessa,

Where is Amante located ?

Cindy

Amante

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »
Ted also has our 70, Amante, listed. He is a gentleman indeed, and a very nice guy as all the Hylas brokers seem to be.

Vanessa

cindywhite

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »
Thank you.  We are actually selling our Hylas 46. Good to know Ted was so helpful.  We look him up.
If you know anyone interested, please let us know.  The forum has given us an overwhelming response of people interested.

Caregg

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »
If you are looking for a used Hylas Iíd strongly recommend contacting Ted Hood Jr. with Wellington Yacht Partners in Portsmouth, Rhode Island (about 10 miles north of Newport). 

http://www.wellingtonyachts.com/

I see they have a Hylas 46 listed (and a 54)  and Iím sure he would be helpful in finding others. 

http://www.wellingtonyachts.com/yachts/hylas-46-for-sale-tranquillite

I purchased my year 2000 Hylas 46 #31 through Ted in 2009 and canít say enough good things about him and his organization.  He is a true gentleman that is very knowledgeable about Hylasí and other yachts (he is the son of Ted Hood senior of Americaís cup, Hood Sails, and Little Harbor Yacht fame).   He went well beyond what I expected in making sure I was aware of the various aspects of the boat prior to purchase and in easing the sale process.  Even years later he is still helping me out. 

Good luck!

Tim Fitzmaurice
S/V Caregg
Hylas 46 #31

Tim Fitzmaurice
s/v Caregg Hylas 46 #31

nesscapade

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
Cindy,
I loved using yacht world. It seemed that most brokers put their boats

cindywhite

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 07:18:34 AM »
Thanks Kaian. Good to know. Any comments about yachtworld.com
Cindy

Kaian

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 06:18:27 AM »
Scott Dunscombe at David Walters Yachts in Fort Lauderdale will offer   great advice and   will not charge  unless you require full service.  He / David Walters Yachts  is a gem , perhaps the only Hylas broker in Fort Lauderdale worth talking to.
Kaian

cindywhite

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »

Kaian,
Thank you for this.  I agree. Whoever does end up buying our Hylas 46 will get a great deal as we are throwing in so many more extras that we can only convey to a buyer directly once a buyer is truly a buyer and the conversation and viewing begins.
It is so good when both the seller and the buyer are straightforward giving people as a good deal is one that is fair on both sides.  This yacht will not be around for long if the buyer knows the hylas yachts , pricing and extras.

Kaian

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 05:05:52 AM »
Turning to Les prior to turning to the broker is a very good idea in that you are likely to get a much more accurate
idea of the vessel you are interested in.If you were to survey brokers whose names turn up

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below