Author Topic: Engine mount replacement  (Read 223 times)

svphoenixdawn

Re: Engine mount replacement
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 04:55:12 PM »
Thanks all for the quick replies, looks like replace ALL it is, appreciate the insight and how to!!

Bob

Witsend49

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 04:30:24 PM »
I just replaced my 4JH2- TE mounts last year.  I did it by disconnecting the shaft coupling, then adjusting all 4 mounts to the very highest position. I then adjusted down the mount cross cornered to the one I was replacing until the mount was loose. ( Jack down aft Stbd mount when replacing forward Port]. This allowed me to remove the mounting bracket from the engine and take out mount and bracket as an assembly, doing one at a time.  This avoided having to find a way jack up and support the entire engine. Performed while in the water living aboard with minimum disruptions to wife and dogs. Some of the engine bracket bolts were a pain to get to, so the house alternator needed to be removed for the fwd Stbd mount, and engine alternator and raw water pump for the fwd port mount for easier access ro the mounting bracket bolts.

Hope this helps.

Gary
SV Steadfast
H49-17
Gary & Jones
sv Steadfast
H49-17

voodoo

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »
You'll need to disconnect the transmission from the prop shaft, jack up/lift the engine and then after replacing the mounts, realign the engine to the prop shaft. The cost of the mounts is not very much so you might as well replace them all since you're doing the work.

etuman

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 08:50:47 AM »
Interesting thread!

Please let us know what was entailed in replacing the mounts.  Was it a difficult job?  We

dannye

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 06:07:30 AM »
I just replaced ALL Engine mounts on my boat, 4JH2-TE , And I will strongly recommend to you to replace All at the same time.
Good luck and fair winds.

Danny
Grand Cru 2

svphoenixdawn

Engine mount replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 02:40:58 AM »
When looking to replace engine mounts (Yanmar 4JH3-TE) is it recommended to replace all, or ok to replace each mount only when and if needed (H46 #58)?

My instinct is when one or two need replacing, do them all

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below