Author Topic: "Strobe" Light  (Read 166 times)

Ripple

Re: "Strobe" Light
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 01:33:28 PM »
I think your latter comment about the switch is correct. Might want to google strobe lights for a more definitive answer about bulbs but please, in the name of all that is right and holy, never substitute it for an anchor light. JR 46-53

sjd

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 12:12:45 PM »
Is the bulb itself a "strobe" bulb or is it the base that allows it to strobe? Does the fact that my boat has the switch imply it has a strobable light or were all boats outfitted with the switch but not necessarily the light. ?

Ripple

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 03:32:34 PM »
If you had a masthead anchor light with a strobe built in, it would be controlled with the switch in question. JR 46-53

sjd

"Strobe" Light
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 01:02:07 PM »
They say there's no such thing as a stupid question..... after this one you might not believe that anymore.   
There's a "strobe" switch on the cockpit panel of my 56. What light does it strobe?..... my guess is the anchor light. When I turn it on, however, nothing happens to any exterior lights on the boat. All the lights on the boat work with their respective switches but nothing "strobes".
Also, does anyone know what bulb, size and type etc, fits in the anchor socket.
Thanks,
Steve

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below