Author Topic: Deck hatch gaskets...  (Read 452 times)

Windswept

Deck hatch gaskets...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 10:48:34 AM »
G'day members, hope everyone is doing fine at these trying times. Needless to say, reading quite a few horror stories (cruisers getting hung up all over the world due to this Covid.) Our prayers are out to them!

OK, been in touch with Queen Long, regarding stanchion bases and cabinet (push button lockes) which they have. I have now been informed they ('ll quote)

I regret to say that we did not have any records for the gasket sizes for all 5 lockers.
We do not have gaskets of 3/4" wide x 5/8" thick either 3/4" x 3/4" available.
If the supplier in Taiwan could provide these specific gasket sizes for us, they will require a minimum order quantity per each batch.
Will it be worthwhile doing with small quantities?
Possibly it would be better to source the gaskets from the vendors locally to make sure the replacements will match correctly and propely. (end quote)

On our Hylas 1999/2000 #028 all my deck hatches are leaking. Actually, what previous owners did was... use some sort of gasket material and glue it to the deck side....as original gaskets are all in tack, but not total sealing. I thought it would be better to just replace all gaskets.

Q. Would anyone have a sourse for these gaskets? Needless to say, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Don/Gloria
Windswept H-46 #028

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below