Author Topic: How/where is your autopilot mounted on your H49?  (Read 83 times)

BlackDiamond

Re: How/where is your autopilot mounted on your H49?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 09:33:55 AM »
On our 49 the steering was mounted under the aft berth behind the water tank.  We had Mamba steering with the autopilot drive  just aft of the engine.  All of which was done at the factory.   Sounds like yours was done after by somebodies friend
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:37:18 AM by BlackDiamond »
Former 49 owner

derek

Re: How/where is your autopilot mounted on your H49?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 04:59:22 PM »
Hi and yes I can help I hacve plenty of photos of the auto pilot on Manketti she is a 2005 49  No 47 I will also be on her from the 22nd of September so if you can and would like we could do a face time or something like that and I can show you what you like if you are interested please send me you email address to send pictures and I can also give you the rest of my contact details
Derek

Midnight Mile

How/where is your autopilot mounted on your H49?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 07:12:42 PM »
I am planning to remount our autopilot pump and ram this fall if possible. The way it is mounted now seems terrible to me. The pump is mounted in the STBD lazarette inside a box made of starboard. The box is not a perfect seal so the pump housing, brackets, hose ends etc are all in various states of corrosion. Whoever installed this cut a hole between the bulkhead under the lazarette and the inside of the cubby behind the bed for the ram to attach to the tiller arm (see image). This is also where the rudder reference sensor is. Aside from looking terrible, it exposes the pump and cables to weather and opens the lazarette to the inside of the boat. I would like to mount everything internally and repair all the holes in the lazarette. The unit is a Raymarine type 2 hydraulic linear drive.

It appears that there is room beneath the bed near the quadrant. I can also see a pin on the quadrant that looks like it was designed for a ram attachment.

If anyone would be willing to describe how and where their autopilot is mounted, I would be grateful. Any pictures would be very helpful. Thank you.

Dan Broughton
S/V Midnight Mile

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below