Author Topic: AmplePower's SAR3 Smart Regulator Dip Switch Settings  (Read 32 times)

Iolea

Re: AmplePower's SAR3 Smart Regulator Dip Switch Settings
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 02:09:18 AM »
Thanks Joel, whilst that link has the dip switch settings it does not tell you the voltages that result from selecting each setting.

joel

Iolea

AmplePower's SAR3 Smart Regulator Dip Switch Settings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »
Does anyone have the voltage parameters (ie. bulk, absorption, float voltages & times etc) settings that are used for each of the various dip switch settings that used for various battery types?  I tried to get this from AmpleOower but could not get any response.  I'm finding the default AGM settings do not work well with my AGMs as the charge I get from my solar panels and wind generators is sufficient during the day to trick the SAR3 into thinking the battery is full; it just doesn't get passed the excite thresh-hold.  I can motor for 8hrs during the day, and arrive with batteries that are only 94% charged, then I need to use my generator to top them up at night.  I was hoping I could use one of the wet cell dip switch settings instead, if it's parameters would address my issue yet not damage my new AGMs.

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below