Author Topic: searching for Boat Insurance  (Read 576 times)

dannye

Re: searching for Boat Insurance
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 11:48:13 PM »
I want to say Thanks to the boat owners that sent me information about renewing our boat insurance.
After a lot of phone calls and emails  to companies in the USA, Spain, England, I decide to go with Blue Water Yacht Marine , paid $2,640 for a coverage of $230.000
for my 46' Hylas 1996.
They asked for a hurricane plan????? even knowing that the boat is in Sardinia out of the water.
Policy shows London Marine Insurance Services LTD.

Not sailing for Us this summer, It is very complicated to travel to Sardinia, hope we can do it next year, If another boat owner is in the area let Us know, will be fun to meet another Hylas boat owner,
Stay Safe .

Danny
s/v Grand Cru 2

Woody1

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 05:07:08 PM »
I've been using Jack Martin in Annapolis MD since 2010.
I've had excellent service through them. Suggest you try Jonathan Horton at 866-206-8821 (cell) or jon.horton@jackmartin.com.
Best,
Linwood Walton
Hylas 46 "Blue Heaven"

Panama Red

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »
I have been using Gowrie / Jackline in Annapolis for the last few years. They are easy to deal with by phone or email.

Merrill
S/V Ambition H46 #40

My insurance Pantaenius just sent me a letter of non renewal of insurance.  I have had zero claims.  Pantaenius no longer offers insurance outside of the EU.

I got a quote from Gowrie/Jackline.  It was a GEICO policy and the main sales point was trailer insurance for a Hylas 44!  ?????

At first they did not want to offer a quote because I am not a live aboard and I do not haul out in the winter (in my marina Norfolk VA, no one hauls out for the winter, the slips are full year round).

They kept asking what model Hylas 44 it is.  I would like to say it is a Mark XIX HRD (Hylas Racing Division).

I also requested a quote from progressive.  To get boat insurance I have to bundle my farm and autos with the boat insurance.  But since I live in West Virginia, I either must move the boat (on a car trailer) to West Virginia or move the farm to Virginia.

I never had these problems with Pantaenius, they understood yachts, marinas and weather.  Auto insurance companies seem to think
a yacht is just a boat that you park in your garage when not using it.

I was not expecting Gowrie/Jackline to be an auto insurance company.

Bob
SV Sugarbear

derek

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 11:52:34 AM »
Hi all having looked at the traffic on this subject I have spoken to the company who I have used for a number of years and asked them if they could help us and Yes was the reply so below is their information on what they can do I have no interest Personal or financial in this company So it just another option in the maze of insurance
Derek
Manketti HY 49 #47

We have markets with KGM, Navigators & General, Nautical, MS Amlin & Towergate. For the larger boats we have AIG and Ropners (Part of Global Risk Partners) and they can cover superyachts.

KGM are a competitive market and they cover boats up to

tonyontheboat

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 12:31:18 PM »
Hi Danny
Can you e mail me direct as I couldn't respond to you.
tonyontheboat@yahoo.co.uk.
I am working on a reply / advice so please give me a couple of days to respond.
Sad time in Europe as our government said it is bad to travel anywhere.

Keep safe

Tony b
China Blue  46/65

Ambition

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 03:33:30 PM »
I have been using Gowrie / Jackline in Annapolis for the last few years. They are easy to deal with by phone or email.

Merrill
S/V Ambition H46 #40

tonyontheboat

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 03:11:51 PM »
Hi Danny,  we are  a UK registered Hylas 46 number 65 from 2007.
We sail the Adriatic for 6 months every year and insure with Pantaneus, there are a number of UK and European insurers.  We pay about 2000 euro per year with a boat value of 250000 euro.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any further infomation

Tony b
China Blue

dannye

searching for Boat Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 10:05:39 PM »
Hi everybody , I need to renew my boat insurance, Yachtline isn't in the market this year.
 I own a 1997 46' hylas, that is on the hard in Sardinia. We usually spent 6 months each year sailing there.
I will appreciate any suggestion.

Danny Escobar
s/v Grand Cru 2
954-815-1641

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below