Author Topic: Engine Compartment Lights (H46 Owners)  (Read 205 times)

Sailsteady

Re: Engine Compartment Lights (H46 Owners)
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »
Thanks again Jack, appreciate the info!

Merrill, I'm in the process of that exact upgrade replacing the existing fixtures in the same locations as yours.  I'm sure it will make a huge difference.  I'm almost complete with replacing all of the ceiling puck lights with LED fixtures as well and very happy with the results!  Normally I order my fixtures and exterior lights from Marinebeam as well, but in the case of the puck lights, I have been using the 2.5" pucks from www.superbrightleds.com and been very pleased with the quality and performance, and equally important:  price.  They come in various ring finishes if you want to change away from chrome, as well as various brightness levels.  Very happy!

Best,

Dan
SV Nepenthe

Ambition

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 12:46:40 PM »
I changed the engine room lights on Ambition to LED and was absolutely delighted with the ones I put in from Marinebeam.com https://store.marinebeam.com/9w-engine-room-led-fixture-fx-er-9w/
One over the engine and one over the generator. An incredible amount of light exactly where you want it.

Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

Anthem

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
Dan.  "Mine" means the switch for "E/R LTS", "the other switch".  It's under the companionway bridgedeck on port side of console to starboard of chart table that covers the Yanmar engine.  It's on the AFT LTS dc circuit.

Sailsteady

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 12:34:15 PM »
You guys are fantastic, thank you.  Every boat is slightly different, but Erikh's response led me to look for the E/R LTS switch which on my boat is exactly where Ambition indicated on Nepenthe.  Juice is flowing to the Engine Room circuit now and I can move forward with replacing those two lights with bright LED fixtures.

Once again, I greatly appreciate the contributions you all make to helping each other out.

Best,

Dan
S/V Nepenthe
H46 #16

Ambition

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 12:24:10 PM »
On our 2002 46 the Engine Room lighting is tied to the Aft Cabin Lights ( the panel indicates AFT/E/R LTS) The light switch to turn them on is located beside the plug on the bulkhead behind the companionway stairs / under the cockpit.

Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

erikh

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 12:18:17 PM »
Hey Dan, they are on the AFT circuit. The panel may read AFT E/R Lights. They are then controlled by a separate switch in the galley next to the refrigerator drain pump switch.

Sailsteady

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »
Jack, thanks for the quick reply although I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.  When you say "mine" what do you mean?  I'm trying to determine which electrical circuit the engine room lights would have been tied into on the H46 models.

Thanks!

Dan

Anthem

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 01:31:11 PM »
Hi Dan.  Mine is to starboard of chart table just aft engine room door.  Jack

Sailsteady

Engine Compartment Lights (H46 Owners)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 12:50:31 PM »
Team Hylas, quick question for my fellow H46 owners:  Any idea what electrical circuit the two engine compartment overhead lights are connected to?  My initial thought was that they would be tied into the Saloon Lights, but even with all 3 circuits on (FWD, SALOON, AFT), I'm still not getting any juice to the lights.  Sometimes Hylas places things in not-so-evident locations so I'm wondering if there is another switch somewhere that activates the engine compartment lights?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated!

Dan
S/V Nepenthe
H46 #16
Fort Pierce, FL

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below