Author Topic: Sump plumbing and more on Hylas 44  (Read 99 times)

joel

Re: Sump plumbing and more on Hylas 44
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 06:22:56 PM »
Atlantis doesn't have a sump.  Each sink has its own thru-hull.  each shower has a pull switch in the head and a pump mounted on the aft shelf in the engine room.

NordicSunII

Sump plumbing and more on Hylas 44
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 05:16:18 AM »
How is your sump plumbed? I would like to unclutter the hoses under the galley sink so I can put some storage or batteries under there..  Right now my sump is just above the bilge.  Inside the sump is a float switch to activate pump out.  Note the float switch failed a number of time.  Every it fails I have to remove all the plumbing from the top of the sump (galley sinks, and pump out hose).  The front and aft head sinks and showers feed into the front side of the sump.  I would like to move the galley sink drain from the top of the sump tank to the front of the sump tank.  This way I could easily remove the top of the sump to get in the and change out the float switch.  How are is your sump plumbed?   Also if pump the sinks to the front of the sump.  Then I can make a shelf above the sump to store stuff.  Possibly more batteries, or my heavy tools.  Considering modifying my sump to be about 2 inches taller, so it can accept the galley sink drain hose to be plumed into the front of the tank and to beef up the top and the sides of the actual sump to be strong enough  to support whatever I plan to store under there. 

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below