Author Topic: Hard Dodger on Hylas 44.  (Read 489 times)

joel

Re: Hard Dodger on Hylas 44.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »
I've never seen one on a 44.  John Kretschmer put one on Queztal.  Photo at https://johnkretschmersailing.com/photo-gallery/.  Looks like 3 windows across the front.  He did an article about it, but I can't find it.  Flat windows are more about function than beauty, but they make sense where you are.  I'd look to see what the powerboats use in the way of glass.  My WAG is 3/8 inch.  When its done, please share photos.

Love my hard bimini and the 3 100w panels.

A canvas dodger to connect to the bimini is on the wish list, but it won't be a full height design like the original. 

Joel

NordicSunII

Hard Dodger on Hylas 44.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 03:53:53 AM »
I would like to replace my soft canvas dodge with a hard dodge.  I would like a hard dodger with a one ore more windshield wiper, since I'm in the Pacific Northwest and plan to cruise into BC and Alaska for the next few years. Since there is lots of rain the wind shield wiper would be nice.   I would like all the windows to flat and made of glass to avoid being scratch by salt, dirt and windshield wiper.  Any one got some pictures of hard dodgers on a Hylas 44 to give me some ideas.  Also any recommendations on max size of a window and the thickness of the glass for an offshore boat so it doesn't get blown out by a wave?

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below